Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Why I am Running For President of PRCAN




The ‘World PR Report’ is published annually by The Holmes Report, in collaboration with the International Communications Consultancy Organization (ICCO). It is arguably the most credible and comprehensive report on the global PR industry.

Every edition of this Report contains a Global Ranking of the Top 250 PR agencies in the world, ranked by fee incomes.
In the over ten years that The World PR Report has been published, not once has any Nigeria PR firm featured among the global Top 250 agencies. For a country that prides itself as the leading black country in the world, with Africa’s largest economy, this is not acceptable. Regardless of our national challenges I am persuaded that Nigeria does deserve a place in the global PR map. Our collective potential and ability is not in doubt.
To do this, we need to raise the standard of practice, instill confidence in our practitioners and grow the business, so that PR as a profession can earn the respect and acclaim – not to mention money - which it commands in other climes. As someone who practices and earns a living from PR, and a proud professional at that, I am resolutely committed to pursuing this cause.
I am offering myself for election to the position of President of the Public Relations Consultants Association of Nigeria (PRCAN) because I see it as one platform to contribute my quota to growing and strengthening the PR profession in Nigeria.
My credentials for embarking on this quest are unassailable: I am a fully qualified, full-time PR professional of many years standing, and Founder/CEO of a thriving PR consultancy, Mediacraft Associates, which has been in business consistently for over 11 years. I possess the  experience, passion, drive and will to make a difference.
And I have but a single agenda: to do my very best to plant Nigerian PR firmly on the global stage within the next two years – and for all the right reasons.
Together we can - will – make this happen.
Thank you, and God bless.

John E. Ehiguese
CEO, Mediacraft Associates
November 4, 2014

0 comments:

Post a Comment